Thursday, December 10, 2015

Sam- Vegetarianism 12-10-15


September Fourth 2015 is a very important date in my life, it was the day that I became vegetarian.  I had been thinking about doing it for almost a year and that was the day when I told my mom.  I was not met with as much enthusiasm as I expected.  It took a while for my republican, Christian, catholic mother to warm up to, but eventually it just became the norm (along with countless remarks and rude comments about how I'm "unhealthy").

I became vegetarian because the taste of meat disgusts me, and I can't stand the thought of a slaughter house being used just so I can increase my risk of heart disease (look it up).  I don't find it very hard to avoid meat in my daily diet, I avoided it even before I became vegetarian.

Do I have cravings?
Sometimes, mostly just for my favorite meals, but then I remember that in doing this I am not ending lives to survive.

What do you get your protein from?
I get this question a lot, and to be honest, it pisses me off.  Meat is not the only thing in the world that has protein in it, nuts, beans, and fruits all have protein in them.  I also have fake meat products that I have frequently that have tons of protein in them.

What do you get at restaurants?
I love soups and salads, soups are full of vegetables and salads are full of fruits, they also taste amazing despite being extremely healthy.

Do people accept you?
Ugh, mostly yes, but my family is just kinda stands me, every time we have something for dinner and I have to stay behind to make something for myself, it's a tsunami of insults and jabs, but I always respond with "at least I'm not mass producing animals to slaughter for food.

If you have anymore questions please ask, I'm happy to help

Have a wonderful day/week/month/year/lifetime/beyond :)

Love Sam


No comments:

Post a Comment